Review of the year 2019
In 2019 Les Amis de Svieta was very active in Ukraine and did a lot of useful and helpful projects.
The main aim of which was to help Ukrainian orphans and improve their lives.
• We want to provide little orphans with medical help. Special attention is paid to all such projects. Thus in 2019 for 7 children with their nurses made trips to Kiev’s hospitals. 4 of them went to Kiev for consultations, during which doctors prescribed or corrected the treatments.
• 3 children were operated: Sofia at Kiev’s Cardio Center (KCC); Maxim and Sofia at Kiev’s Institute of Children’s Surgery.
• As in past years two orphanages NBH and ZuBS received additionally 100 euro per month for drugs and 100 euro per quarter for laboratory examinations. Directors of the both orphanages name as „tremendous help“, because the money which the state allocates for drugs is not enough.
• As in past years two orphanages NBH and KrBH, before winter season, got anti-flue vaccines and anti-virus medication.
• In 2019 we finished the repair of the first bathroom in ZuBS and bought all necessary equipment to bathe handicaped children.
• As every year, in 2019 LAdS did a „big project“. Due to the help and money of a Swiss sponsor and LAdS USA, one of the doctors from NBH attended 6 modules of education in Germany (in German language) and got a diploma of Bobath therapist. This will allow her not only to help children with different orthopedics problems but also bring absolutely new concept and methods into the Reha-work of the NBH. We were also able to buy a very expensive table for the lessons of Bobath therapy.
• In 2019 LAdS, for the first time, did this very interesting project: we invited an art therapist from Swizerland to hold a one week training course of art therapy („Prozessorientiertes therapeutisches Malen und Gestalt“) for all therapists at NBH. Hans Rudolf Zurfluh not only organized a very interesting training course absolutely for free, shared his knowledge and experience with Ukrainian colleagues but also sent a whole bunch of materials and paid completely for his accommodations.
• We would also like to express a special gratitude to the family Will, who came to visit KrBH 16 years after adoption their son there and bought them a whole bunch of medications and building materials to repair the roof.
• There were also quite a bit of little projects, for example special nutrition for children with underweight or tuberculosis test and others.
All this was possible only with your help, our dear sponsors. Thank you so much for all your help, kindness and care. Let’s continue in 2020!
Please visit this page to find out how you can donate!
Or just click on the “PayPal Donate” logo on the right column.
Thank you so much in advance!